Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blog of Mu-Fuggin' Note!


So yeah, I got 'blog of note', no big deal (dusts off shoulders). After staring at the same 15 followers for the last month I am so stoked to see a lil' mo' followers every time i check my blogger. Thanks so much to Blogger for recognizing my site and thanks to everyone who's started following me since then. Also, an extra big thanks to Violet Dear (one of my bestest chums) for all her help and maaaaad support.

I thought maybe I should tell you just a smidge about myself so you know what my deal is... I'm Rad. Lemme break it down in a top ten list.

1. Born 1981 in Vancouver to a hippie turned pseudo-hippie (ma) and a bruiser turned food-salesman (pa).


2. My first heartbreak was when my mom told me that it was impossible for me to have a flat-top like Kid from Kid-n-Play. I still think she was lying.

3. I have a pug. His name is T-Bone (it was decided by a friend years later that the T stands for Travis). He's essentially an angry old man in a little furry four legged body, I think he might even be a lil' racist.



4. I'm deeply in love with film. My tastes tend to lean more towards the foreign and offbeat side but I will drop a "Weekend At Bernies 2" reference on any given day.

5. My name is not Brendan. Seriously, don't make that mistake.

6. I started doing these digital collages about 2.5 years ago. They originally started out as birthday cards for my friends but then quickly evolved into what you see before you.

7. I devote the other half of my free time on my music project, The Lou Diamond Philharmonic.

8. I can tell you the Tanner Family's (Full House) phone number, eyes closed.

9. By day I'm an electrician. Sigh.

10. My current fixations are twix bars, taking up a smoking habit at 27, old Kool G Rap records, telling my dog that hobbies are important, being umemployed, giraffe jokes, accepting my girlfriend's intense citywide hunts for 'free' boxes, mourning Bohdi, wishing I had more friends who played the sax, 90s wrestling t-shirts, hatin' on drum circles (that never changes), hoping that my dad will wear his "You Can't Beat Pete's Meat!" apron at more functions, asking friends if they " wanna see what's under the bridge?", the trailer for Harmony Korine's "Trash Humpers".

Anyway, I hope you all stick around 'cause this site is only gonna get bigger. Become a follower and tell your friends. Also, if you see me on the street, it is totally okay to give my calves a massage.

XO,

Bran

24 comments:

  1. so a giraffe and a man go into a bar and have a few drinks. naturally the man, having the smaller bladder, has to get up and excuse himself to the bathroom. while away however, the giraffe, have a lower tolerance for alcohol, passes out and falls off the barstool. when the man returns, the bar tender says, "hey man, you can't leave that lyin' there." the man replies, "that's not a lion, that's a giraffe."

    hey, we can't all be as naturally funny as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome :-)

    You've gained another fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazeballs. I am so happy that you got it - and I really REALLY urge all y'alls out there to listen to Bran's music - The Lou Diamond Philharmonic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess if blogger thinks u're worthy...i'll follow u too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'm a fan too! It's hard work, this blogging thing. I've just started and I need followers -BADLY. Otherwise all my entertaining pearls of wisdom float around in cyber space.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi care to follow my bloG? i rili love to read ur blog.. very intresting..

    ReplyDelete
  7. If your group could open for our improv troupe it would be the most amazing and maybe legally damaging night for all parties involved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title of this post is THE BEST EVER. Congrats on the Blogs of Note honor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are definitely hilarious! Congrats on your Blog of Note nod.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hilarious intro. congrats on being a blog of 'interest' whatever that means. and also 'hello' from another vancouverite. ps: i won't be massaging your calves anytime soon, but it's good to know that the opportunity is there...
    -Robbin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to be the only downer, but you should really stop smoking! The rest of it is all cool. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey. You're pretty funny. You should take a look at my blog, I feel. You may enjoy it. You may not enjoy it. You'll never know until you try. http://katiemarovitch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now say it with your eyes closed "5552424"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I started smoking in 1962. I've finally quit two years ago. Don't start. Your blog is cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brandon you are a funny guy! I swear you must be the guy that does all those pictures at the end of the Rick Mercer show.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK I think your funny and you should move to Italy. Just saying. And no I am not coming on to you and I don't live in Italy.

    ReplyDelete